Monday, May 9, 2011

Praying in Faith

If you pray with the intention of listening and really hearing from God, you will get your answer. The key, I've learned, is to not play around with your own desires or force your will. Instead, trust, trust, trust, and God will give you the very best answer for what He knows you need, and for what He is wanting to accomplish in your life!

Charles Spurgeon says this:

"Every prayer of the Christian, whether for temporal or spiritual blessings, will be fully answered if it meets certain biblical requirements. It must be prayed in faith and in accordance with God's will. It must rely on God's promise, be offered up in the name of Jesus Christ, and be prayed under the influence of the Holy Spirit. Delayed answers to prayer are not only trials of faith, they also give us opportunities to honor God through our steadfast confidence in Him, even when facing the apparent denial of our request."

The idea of praying under the influence of the Holy Spirit takes so much pressure off!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Robin! I am praying for a desire to pray...and while I wait I know that I am no less deserving of God's love poured out for me - not because of my prayer life (or lack thereof), but because of Jesus and his perfect record. He is at the right hand of God ever interceding for me :)ahhhh, grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly! Thanks for the response:)

    ReplyDelete