Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommy-ing

Many women struggle with being mothers, or in some cases, step-mothers like me!The great joys of parenting can be hindered by harsh self-doubt and a chronic lack of physical and emotional energy. In Mommy Power, Sheila Schuller Coleman helps women understand that while they really don't have the power or strength to handle the demands of motherhood alone, they don't have to. "Mommy strength," comes from asking God to lend some of His, knowing He will never fail to provide...Ahh, that is good news! God will enable anyone who asks, to become a powerful mother who loves strong, forgives strong, and models a strong faith." In this photo, I am enjoying my step-daughters on my birthday, all three are incredible gifts to me. They have taught me so much about myself. They are like three little mirrors that don't let me get away with one wrinkle! I love being a mother, and I've learned to not pay too much attention to the 'step' part of it. Not because I'm pretending that I've given birth to these gorgeous kids, but because when you truly 'mother' a child, the labels that try to define you have little or no significance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Robin. So proud to be a member of your family... Husband.

    ReplyDelete