Monday, May 2, 2011

Dear Daphne

Dear Daphne,
There you were in the middle of the road, and the worst day I'm certain you'd ever had. I saw in the sweetness of your face a deep fear, a look that said to anyone willing to take note, "please help me."
And so, I did. I helped you out of the road, I helped you to a cup of water, and finally I helped you into my car. You were terribly over-heated and out of breath and you didn't say a word, yet you said all I needed to know. You were alone, you were afraid, and you needed a friend.
Dear Daphne, we have a lot in common. I was alone, afraid and I needed a friend too. That friend met me in the middle of my scary road, on one of the worst days of my life and He changed it forever. He gave me water...the living kind, His name is Jesus. You remind me of Him every day that I try to find the perfect home for you. You are my gift, my daily reminder of MY Savior. I love you Daphne. Your Friend, Robin

1 comment: