Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautifully Broken

They don’t seem to go together at all, but there truly is something beautiful about a broken person. There is a quiet spot in their eyes that is reserved for just the right visitor. And when that visitor shows up…watch out, the red carpet is going to roll.
“Then what happens,” you say? You get a personal invitation to an Oscar-winning premier, located in the heart of a warrior that boasts Christ as the star. That’s what I like to refer to as the real stuff, the real deal. It’s the finely tuned word, spoken in the spirit of truth from the caverns of despair, that exposes the power of God and validates the cross. No charades, no pitiful attempts to make the gravest sin look like anything less than what it really is, sin. It’s the 'ashes to beauty' kind of rubble that is really difficult to excavate from an un-broken soul. You more or less have to break in, to even get a faint whiff of it in that person. You may also need a bulldozer to help you dig past the mounds of ‘cover-up’ that typically exists in the mannequin, who you would absolutely swear has it all together. In my humble opinion, what that person needs is not a window to display his/her carefully decorated outer beauty. But instead, a serious God hammer to the heart to invade its hypocrisy, suffering beyond what they think they can handle (to begin to see and trust God,) and finally the humility to accept all three intrusions, to at last decimate the well constructed enclosure that confines them to their lifeless existence.
Yes, I would concur that I am being quite harsh and judgmental even, but I beckon you to trust that my insight is justified. I have been the ’despicable me’ described in this tale that has lived to tell the story. I’m still finding slivers of glass here and there on and around me, but by a close encounter with God’s grace, I’ve made it out. Albeit, not without a huge crash and a bit of a bloody mess, but I’ve made it out. Hallelujah! So I speak of me, maybe you? But definitely with love and compassion, and a huge heart for fools like me that have fallen hard, repented, accepted wisdom’s courting and eventually received God’s amazing grace.
God is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2,) and oh what a beautiful job he does of breaking us in two to hopefully make us won.

No comments:

Post a Comment